Monday, March 8, 2010

Things I love right

I can’t believe that I’m already writing my second post! I am pleasantly surprised with how excited I am! For this first foray into actual subject matter, I’d like to share with you a collection of looks that I am really enjoying at the moment. However, before I dive in, I think it appropriate to take a few steps back and give you a little insight into my overal preferences towards apparel in general. I have always had a rather eclectic since of style, favoring everything from bight bold pieces to subtle, more feminine, delicates. Lately my tastes have centralized around a more clean, casual, put together look, personified mostly by lots of layering, while refraining from gaudy prints. This being said, I’m not exclusive in this mindset. Mixes of interesting, funky, statement pieces are always fun to whip out, and will defiantly be covered here. Alright, enough of that…lets do the dang thang! Below is a list of my current favorite themes in a variety of different price ranges. Lets get started!

Hello Red, White, and Blue! The first look I’d like to share is what’s called “Classic American.” This collective concept embodies the perfect marriage between being fashion forward and being timeless (oxymoron duly noted). Its clean and crisp attitude is a must for this spring….. or any spring. I love this look because it exuberates an aura of elegance without effort. With its casual undertones, another noteworthy aspect of this trend is the ease in which the wearer can make her transition from day into night. Here are some manifestations of this style that I thought depicted the theme perfectly…

This navy and white striped top from jcrew.com retails at $88 dollars. Proving that sometimes great finds can be a part of the opposite gender’s section, this item is actually located in Jcrew’s men’s collection. (Ha! I rhymed).





Adorable nonetheless, I’d pair this with jean (dare I say khaki?) shorts (untucked!) with a chunky necklace or bracelet (also jcrew.com $88), for a sophisticated, on the go, day.








From shopbop.com:

Although on the pricier side of the spectrum, retailing at $268, this Nanette Lapore piece is a beautiful staple to add in any wardrobe. Paired again with a chucky necklace and comfortable wedges, this garment is appropriate for almost any occasion one must attend.

Here are some other items connected to this look that are located at shopbop:


I am loving khaki blazers so much more than navy blazers for spring... I feel the former definitely adds an element of distinction.
This is my absolute obsession. I'd love to wear this with some gold or brown leather flats

This dress by Ever ($328) is an example of the layering I illustrated in the previous paragraph


American Apparel:

A favorite of mine for 3 seasons now, I can't decide if I am tired of chambray or not. However, I still think that paired under a khaki jacket, a top such as this one would be a winning look.




















One fabric I can’t get enough of right now is Gingham. This is strangely surprising to me, being that I am bored to death with its cousin, plaid! Excluding these heinous trousers, (and not to be rude but quite honestly the model as well…can we all just say in a collective voice…Really American Apparel? Where do you find these girls!?) this collared top is a perfect for an “anything goes” sort of day. I’d suggest tieing the shirt into a knot at the very bottom and pairing it with some dark skinny jeans.




And from anthropologie.com

Add s gold belt and you have one heckofan outfit!




















From modcloth.com:
These range from $52-$57! What a deal







What do you know? Gingham again! This inexpensive jumper is simply precious with the cut heart detailing on the back making the outfit.












I love this form fitter in both colors!

Ok, so I didn't realize how long this post was going to be! It looks like I'm going to have to break it up into parts... Until next time
-EGS

3 comments:

  1. red dress from mod cloth!!! i am wanting it now. officially!!!!! and the brace let is amazing, as well as the little grey gingham dress!
    lovely post, i am so in love with these clothes!
    xx

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with pastels and stripes this season..
    you offer up some great choices! I love the shirt you picked from jcrew's men section. girls should never be too scared to shop men's clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress with the heart cutout and that necklace is. So gorgeous. I want it too!

    ReplyDelete