Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just so you know...

If I have to see one more java script I think that I might vomit. As you might notice, I have been doing some extensive formatting to the site… and let me just tell you…this is not for the faint of heart. Between deleting the site twice, discovering what a widget is, overlapping the post and the heading, and possibly installing a virus on my computer while activating a hit counter, my progress to date is documented by what you’re seeing now. I literally had zero idea of what went on in designing a website and I’ve gotten a major wake up call to my pedestrian thoughts on the subject. Forgive me for my naiveté…but honestly who knew that there is a code entered into every website with crazy computer jargon that has- to -be- just -right -or- your -entire- site- will- go- AWOL!?? I know I didn’t. I’m used to nice neat templates where I can cut, click, center, and shrink all with the simple drag of a mouse. This does not fly for anyone who wants a site that looks remotely original. Forgive me for beating this subject to the ground, but here is small taste of what I have been navigating through in order for this blog to look even somewhat cohesive:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1(DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"?
html expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'
head
b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/
titledata:blog.pageTitletitle
.post h3 {
margin:.25em 0 0;
padding:0 0 4px;
font-size:140%;

Imagine a seemingly infinitesimal amount of that. SO BAD! Anyways, although there are still a lot of things I want to fix, as well as a lot of things I have yet to figure out…(borders and fonts that don’t change depending on what computer you get on anyone?) I really think that I’ve done a pretty good job for someone who had NO idea this sort of thing even existed in LIFE before yesterday. Nevertheless, I’m still far from done on the design front…so be prepared for some changes in the future. Oh, and if you click on here and it looks like a page from “Where’s Waldo?” I’m sure I’m deep into the system framework correcting some crazy java code I misprinted by one backslash.
EGS

p.s. if anyone is reading this...what do you think of the center silver background? Too distracting/kind of annoying? I can't decide.

4 comments:

  1. Well, LadyPenny, as one of your loyal readers, I'm obsessed. Feel free to redesign my blog anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughghghhghghggggg your post before this one is deleted and all you can see is elise's comment. Repost the outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah--Ahh thank you! This stuff is so addicting. Send me a link to your blog so I can officially follow you.

    Erin--Done and Done. Don't worry...she deleted the entire thing...just had to redo it all... just finished reposting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I request a new post, pronto. and lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete